Nemo's Garden Tour and Much More!
The last 12 weeks has been quite a challenge and so much has changed. Actually, if I go back 10 months it has been a world win of life changing moments.
So last September I chose to have what they call a panniculectomy. This is where a plastic surgeon goes in while I am under anesthesia and he removes excess skin from large weight-loss that will not tone no matter what kind of exercise you do. Plus, the amount of scar tissue I had was so bad it was causing internal pain. So, I recovered from that. That took 10+ weeks. I seem to have issues with drainage from surgery as well as developing a dog ear flap of extra skin. This can be surgically fixed approximately 9 months post op. This was done on July first, and all went very well no major issues.
Back track to May 6th I had a double mastectomy in which I have written about. All is well I am healthy and cancer free so that is a huge plus. However, in the interim of my body being under such tremendous stress due to all the healing and the drain issue I had, again I am one to have issues with lymphatic drainage my cortisol level went out of control and I gain a small amount of weight so my medical team is dealing with this. I am truly blessed to have the doctors and nurses that I have on my team. The are attentive and caring, checking on me and making sure my needs are met and my recovery goes as smoothly as it possibly can be. So far as of today I am doing incredibly well. I have my garden that has helped me physically and mentally heal. The one thing I am grateful for is my family as they have been my rock. My eldest son and husband built me a garden area in my back yard as an extension to the three raised beds I have on the side of my house. This garden is to help me to be self-sustaining in making food for me and my husband for the winter. Knowing exactly what is in my food is very important to me. I want control as to what I consume. No more letting the government telling me wood pulp or microplastics are ok for me to consume. no more canned soups, as little as possible of processed foods will be purchased. My husband loves processed foods. But let's face it we who are in our 40's, 50's and 60's were brought up on processed food. It is how our parents were able to afford to feed families back then. Food was expensive then and it is outrageous now. So, me making as much as I can in bulk to save a little bit of money is ok in my book.
There is much more now for the pics and video of the garden tour will be on my Facebook page. I will apologize now. I am a novice when it comes to filming and I recorded this video 4 times and this was the best of the four videos. I will try to post more and learn to film better as I continue to do this. I hope you like what you see.
Please comment share and bring your friends to follow. I also will be posting new recipes very soon I just need to get everything organized so I can post the ingredients.
Outside Garden with solar Fairy Lights
Small caveat my friend Sandra told me this garden was beautiful but with the fairy lights it reminded her of the radioactive vegetable garden from Gilligan's Island. LOL!!! I love that!

















Comments